Wednesday 8 January 2014

Return from long deployment


Casualties sustained by Library: 50 Pugnator, 30 Librarians, dead. 
Civilians: 10 Dead
              20 Injured (Psychiatric help provided by library resources)
Proxies: numbers unclear, 54 captured, 23 dead, some injured and/or escaped.

Mission objective: Aim of this deployment was to discern the reason for the gathering of proxy forces in certain points of the UK and Ireland. 
Chief personnel in charge of parties include; Librarian Perierat, Pugnator Dominus, Librarian Obscuro, Pugnator Vindex and Pugnator Dolor.

Report: 25 Pugnator and 15 Librarians were deployed with each team, this was to balance fighting strength with hopefully the mental acuity to think and develop a reasonable  assessment of the situation, then organise the relevant response. With no information 200 Library personnel were dispatched to the main areas of suspicion hopefully to quell any proxy civil war that may be stirring, after 3 weeks it was decided that the majority of proxies gathered in the areas were proxies with no interesting abilities. After 2 days it was decided that we had sufficient manpower to take down these pockets of resistance, which we had estimated as 30-35 proxies per hideout, with inclusion of the librarians with basic combat experience able to take out the hallowed leaving the competent proxies to the Pugnator. This is not as it turned out on that faithful morning we all coordinated our attack to strike the places simultaneously, at 10:30 hrs we bust in the doors of the warehouses, the predictions were far too conservative the warehouse I personally led the charge into was packed with atleast 60 proxies, plus 20 campers, possible a few shards, nests, all variations of proxy, though I couldn't tell after awhile as, as soon as we had got inside the warehouse shutters crashed behind us and it all went dark then the random gunfire started I only caught brief flashes with the muzzle flashes I was taken off of my feet as a grenade exploded about 20 feet from where I was about. When I was conscious again I noticed I could see, though barely as blood came pouring into my eyes I noticed the proxies and the few Pugnator in front of me were missing some limbs and filled with shrapnel. I saw a few of my remaining people fighting back to the hole carrying a few injured people , I later found two were proxies we had taken prisoner. 

I Stood up and ran as fast as I could in my disorientated state, I stumbled right into another person I think he was another person from my group but he was missing half his face and an arm, I assumed he was got by a shard. I ran still a proxy came up to me and before I knew it he fell down blood coming from his gut, I had forgotten I had the gun in my hand and not let go of it, I was grabbed from behind and dragged quickly to the others I saw it was one of the Pugnator covered in blood. We barely got out I only counted 17 of the people who went in had got out. 

Pugnator Dolor's lot were wiped out, Dominus seemed to encounter minimal resistance while capturing a few and killing the rest. Half of the other teams met moderate resistance, It seems myself and Dolor took the brunt of the forces, there are reports to write families to console, and bury the few bodies we have. I didn't notice at first but I lost my right ring finger, Dominus has taken this chance to change the Library, recruiting harder men to be in the Pugnator, Mercenaries, killers, soon we'll be no better than our enemies. He's also demoted me in the organisation, one his few opponents, just like him, exploiting a tragedy to manoeuvre himself into a stronger position.

Analysis of the incident: IT was a massacre, we are none the wiser, I do not recommend trying it again, it's a massive blow to the Library

End report.

-Librarian Perierat

No comments:

Post a Comment