Tuesday 4 June 2013

Incident report: why I haven't been updating

I have been on a long mission with Pugnator Dominus and a couple of our colleagues, this one involved elements connected with Timor Lignum Homo also known as proxies, took us a month to track their positions and find their base. In true Pugnator style Dominus wanted to just bomb the entire building, he has no sense of subtlety or even diplomacy. We spent a week forming a plan of attack and waiting for the arrival of 3 more of the Pugnator, this made my fellow Librarian very anxious.

Studying the area around the base we found a concentration of operator symbols painted neatly, these obviously were not painted by runners. We also deduced it was a small to medium sized base from the number of attack and disappearances from the surrounding area, possibly 20 proxies at most, police presence is minimal, chances of success are high.

We moved in at night in a side entrance protected only with a padlock, the Pugnator went first making sure our presence wouldn't be revealed prematurely, I heard a crack and saw a body round the corner, luckily it was only a proxy Dominus had silenced.  We continued until we had reached the communal living area, I counted 16 in the area, I told two of the Pugnator to check the outside for remaining agents. They came back with the all clear leaving it to Dominus and I to reason with the proxies, I stood up along with Dominus and in a loud voice announced;

Librarian Perierat: You are now prisoners of the Library, you will assist us by not resisting, or the Pugnator surrounding this building will invade and kill you all without a seconds thought. Do you understand what has been said to you?
Battle Scarred Proxy: We understand, but these boys won't be taken out of Fathers service so easily, can you ensure that Father will not punish them for their failure?
LP: I can promise the Library will do everything we can to protect you as our prisoners, so do you agree to come willingly.
BSP: I guess we have no choice, boys seem you have been relieved from Fathers service, hopefully you can go back to your old lives after this.

One particularly young proxy shouted NO! and pulled a gun ready to shoot me, Dominus didn't even flinch, there was a hole in his head before the sound of his shout had faded.

LP: Any other objections?

We proceeded to transport our prisoners back to London for processing, we found we have: 3 hallowed proxies, 8 new recruits, 3 agents and 1 old agent.

I am to be shipped out on another mission soon, so radio silence must be maintained during it, hopefully, I will return.

-Librarian Perierat

3 comments:

  1. England seems to be a hotspot of activity lately

    What will be done with the Proxies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that concern for the proxies themselves or morbid, I repeat morbid, curiosity.
      COncerning them the Hallowed had to be put down, for... obvious reasons the new recruits and agents are to be decontaminated, the old agent seems normal compared to the rest, and asked for a tour of London as he'd always wanted to see it and regretted it had to be behind bars, so before my mission I am taking him around. After that it is, not my problem.
      -Librarian Perierat

      Delete
    2. Incase this was a precursor to asking for blood samples from these proxies I took some before their decontamination and after, I thought you could have fun with all that blood if you asked for it.
      -Librarian Perierat

      Delete